Saturday, February 19, 2022

Energy balls ( Amaranth Peanut laddoos )

Little M has developed quite a sweet tooth now. He asks for sweet treats regularly and I'm trying different " healthy " treats that have some nutrition other than just sugary sweets.

I don't have an exact recipe for most of these, because this is my first time making these treats and each time has been an experiment.

For these scrumptious amaranth laddoos ( Energy balls, as little M likes to call them), here is the rough sketch.

Ingredients
1 C popped amaranth
1/3 C jaggery
1 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp ghee
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1 C peanut butter

Method
Melt the jaggery in the water and boil until it reaches softball stage. Add ghee and cardamom and the popped amaranth and mix well. Turn off the heat and start making balls. This failed for me- it was an unholy crumbly mess. So I added peanut butter until it came together. 








No comments:

Post a Comment