Monday, November 30, 2009

Couscous Salad

I made this really easy couscous salad last night and we loved it. It was really easy to put together too!



Ingredients
1.25 C Couscous, soaked in 2 C hot salted water
1 small Onion, finely chopped
1 small Roma Tomato, chopped
0.5 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Can Garbanzo beans, drained
2 Limes, juiced
a handful of Cilantro, chopped
2-3 Tbsp Green Olives
1 Tbsp Olive oil(optional)
Salt and Pepper

Toss everything together after the couscous is cooked. Black beans or Kidney beans would also work very well in this recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Just used this recipe to make my first couscous salad and I love it! I didn't have any garbanzo beans to put in it, but it's still pretty substantial. I subbed the red peppers with green peppers and added some delicious feta cheese! Thanks Inji =)

    ReplyDelete