Sunday, September 5, 2021

Popsicles!

I remember eating delicious frozen kulfi on hot summer days. My mom would make them in blue moulds. I don't recall clearly, but I think they came with "Milkmaid" condensed milk tins. These memories made me want to prepare popsicles for Little M. I was eagerly awaiting his reaction to these cold treats - especially he had never had anything like it before. 

The first time I prepared popsicles, I made it too berry-heavy. It became too tart. Little M humored me and spent a few minutes licking the popsicle, but I realized I had to make some adjustments to the sweetening. The first recipe I made had berries, lemon juice and a smidge of honey. That just didn't cut it.

Today, I used a slightly different combination of fruits and this worked out well. M sucked the last drop off the popsicle stick.


Ingredients

2 large ripe bananas

8-10 strawberries

1/2 C pineapple juice


Method

Blend together and pour into popsicle moulds. Freeze for a minimum of 4 hours before un-moulding.







No comments:

Post a Comment